[HCDX] 6155

Johan Berglunds observations regarding Banda Oriental - Sarandí del (not y)
Yí coincides with my own observations. R Fides has been heard here in Borgå,
Finland (50 km east of Helsinki) with nice signals starting around 22 UTC
and lasting to ca. 0015-0020 when the channel is blocked by a carrier upto
0100 UTC. After 0200 UTC the channel is again free and the station coming in
weakly to moderately is indeed Banda Oriental, Sarandí del Yí, Uruguay (I
made my first logging of the station already on March 11 200 then on 6154.06
and now on 6155.04, e.g. exactly the same split as that of Fides!) and not
Fides as also Henrik Klemetz pointed out earlier. Banda Oriental has a
distinct format that cannot be mixed with that of Fides. My 40 years
experience in Latin American  DX-ing tells me that the major majority of all
Bolivians logged at least in Finland (and thus northern Europe) in the 49
m.b. has been during and shortly after  Bolivia local sunset, that is
between ca. 22-00 UTC.

Best regards

JEÖ

Jan-Erik Österholm