[HCDX] DX TIPS

--- Begin Message ---
I just replaced more of my Eastern Beverage today. I still have 150-200
feet to go to have all 1500 feet replaced. The old wire had been out
there since 1984 and was getting in rough shape. Even though cx are not
good to the East this morning, I am getting some DX.

930    KROE    WY, Sheridan, fair on top at 0030 EDT 8/16 with ID
"Oldies radio on 930 AM KROE" Into spots. Must have been on 117 watts at
that time. I haven't heard this since the DX test back in 1970. (PM-OR)

1060    WNOE    LA, New Orleans, good u/open carrier of CKMX with tones
off and on at 0359.50 ID as "WNOE New Orleans, into Net news-8/16.
(PM-OR)

Drake R8
1500 foot term. Eastern Beverage

Patrick Martin