FW: [HCDX] Funny on 6155

> I am still pondering o n the fact that from 0130 to 0200 the
> Irish are  there on 6155 kHz,
> with a program which was broadcast about seven hours earlier on
> their own  home network.

> I have assembled  the courage to write to RTE1 asking what the
> devil is this, and for what ? . So far no answer .

No mystery here. This shortwave broadcast has been on the air for years.
It's simply a re-run of an earlier news broadcast from RTE1, branded as RTE
Radio Worldwide. The Web page is http://www.rte.ie/radio/worldwide.html
which gives the following schedule, to which I've added the transmitter
sites:

Ascension 21630 kHz (Africa) 1830-1900 UTC/GMT.
Singapore 11685 kHz (SE Asia, including Australia) 1000-1030 UTC/GMT.
Rampisham 6155 kHz (Central America) 0130-0200 UTC/GMT.
Sackville l3640 kHz (Central and Eastern America) 1830-1900 UTC/GMT.
Skelton l5315 kHz (Middle East) 1800-1830 UTC/GMT.

Nice of them to use a different site for each transmission :-)

There's also an E-mail address for further information, which is
haydej@xxxxxx

Andy Sennitt

Although I work for Radio Netherlands, I am participating here on an
individual basis. Opinions expressed are my own, and do not necessarily
reflect the official position of Radio Netherlands.