Re: [HCDX] peruvian stations

On Mon, 10 Sep 2001, Dario Monferini wrote:

> propagation is sometime effected by solar activity, sunday it
> was solar flux 250 quite high with almost no geomagnetic
> activity.

Definately noticable, in the early afternoon I pretty much
got everything on the 13 meter band with very little fading
or noise.

Around sunset, I got interesting stations from all over
Brazil and the Andes on the 60 meter band. Unfortunately
my randomwire, simple coax feed and maybe the 7600G are
too noisy to receive the weaker stations ...

I should invest some time in better grounding, a small
matching transformer to keep the common current on the
coax from leaking onto the antenna and maybe some time
getting the far end of the wire higher up in the tree ;)

  [ corrected station identities accepted ;) ]

cheers,

Rik
--
IA64: a worthy successor to the i860.