Re: [HCDX] Re: [IRCA] Cell. phones around 800 MHz, Sanyo MCD-S830 portable radio review

Re: [HCDX] Re: [IRCA] Cell. phones around 800 MHz, Sanyo MCD-S830 portable radio review

Bogdan

What you heard was definitely analog/AMPS phones, if you can hear what
they are saying.  In North America, the only GSM service is at 1900 MHz,
although that will change in a couple of years.  We have what are called
TDMA and CDMA cell phones at 800 MHz but they are digital transmissions,
which you wouldn't be able to decipher using the old TV.

Bruce