[HCDX] QSL-ing

Hi DX-Friends/Hi Andy,
What is right and what is wrong? Who is right and who is wrong? Who can tell in this DX-world of ours? I am not a judge and I would never even try to act as one. What I can do as an active DX-er is to express my opinion.
Many DX-ers are nowadays able to travel around the world. With our genuine interest in radio and broadcasting it is very natural also to visit local radio stations in places we go to. Of course it is even more interesting and fascinating to visit stations that you have really heard or in other ways have been in touch with. I have done it myself many times and I have really enjoyed the visits and the great hospitality I have mostly been given.
I can?t see that there is anything wrong in also bringing copies of reception reports that I have sent to the station and which haven?t been replied to. I can even understand when a travelling DX-er bring fellow DX-ers? not-replied-to copies of reports to the station he has planned to visit.
But where is the limit of getting these desirable QSL confirmations? Are there any limits, but the DX-ers? own conscience? Are you the proxy of the station because you have got some signed QSL confirmations?
I am fully aware of that many of my own QSL?s are not really confirmations, meaning that they are checked and found correct in details. Many of them are just a polite gesture from the station to thank you for the correspondence and interest. I have visited many stations and have understood that the programme details we DX-ers think are a kind of evidence of our listening have nothing to do with the reality at the station. Many stations have no records of music played and no long time programme schedules with details included. Maybe an evidence might be an advert, where the station staff recognise a company that they use to have adverts from? Another evidence might be a producer?s name, a DJ?s name or other obvious details.
Are you able to check such details in your home? Are you able to check any accuracy of the inquiries you get from DX-friends? How do you pick out the lucky winners of the limited QSL stock you have? First to the mall or??
Conclusions:
1. You decide yourself if it?s OK for you to get a QSL by visiting a station.
2. I have an own opinion about the limit of moral concept of getting wanted QSL?s. If others have other opinions it?s no problem for me. It?s your own conscience that forms your decision about what is right or wrong in QSL-ing stations (except if you participate in a competition, where there are given certain competition rules, of course).
3. I still think that you did this just because you are a kind and service minded person and nothing else.
4. I have no interest nor intention to discuss this matter in public any more.
73 from Björn Fransson, the island of Gotland, Sweden