[HCDX] AUrora !!!!!!!!!

Hello !

As I received the message from Mike Hawk, on the WTFDA, about the high solar storm with lots of flares and coronal ajections and the 65% probability of AU putted me a bit on the radio dials the
past 2 evenings. Early, around local sunset, this Wensday, I got a long-sought signal from Cumana, Venezuela on 1500 kHz, YVRZ "Radio Vision Dos Mil". Their signal was weak, but quite clear,
the only QRM beeing an unID religious domestic (WTOP has been taked away by the AU). The last night, I had Bogota on 770 kHz, with WABC AUed out for the second time in my DX carrer. RCN
Barranquilla 760 also got quite strong, as they use to do the last year. WNNZ and even Radio Progreso-Cuba were wipped by AU, and instead I heard YVQO Union Radio in Puerto-La-Cruz. Even
RVC-530 has been verry weak and subdued. Later in the evenings, as the high-latitude conditions returned a bit to normal, WTOP, WNNZ and WABC returned on their freqs, but still rather subdued.
Turks and Caicos-530 were still verry weak. I noticed for the first time, something under WBBR-1130, sounded like woman SS, but too weak to identify, probably Radio Ideal in Maiquetia,
Venezuela; not too sure.

If auroral is still there tonight, I may have a shoot at some deep-South American stuff. Who know ? I may bag Argentina, Chile and if WCBS is completlely out, maybe Radio Union in Lima, Peru.

I wonder if the AU is deep enough to affect high-latitude propagation in the mid-west, Colorado, etc... areas.

A full report of what has been logged the last nights, along with new stuff from tonight DX session will be sent tomorrow, if time permit.

On the FM dial however, there was no auroral induced e-skip, as I hoped. I wonder how often auroral-Es happen during high solar flux and what equipment I need to to this stuff. Did aurora-E is
as strong as the summer-time Es ?

73 and good DX !,
Bogdan