Re: [HCDX] EC-130E Commando Solo

Several dx'ers have asked me about the current frequencies of
Commando Solo.  Unfortunately I'm not sure.  However, my guess
is that they operate as in Kosovo in 1999.  Land-based stations
are first destroyed and then Commando Solo "steals" their
frequencies for pro-Western propaganda.  Listeners believe they
hear the original radio station but instead of that they hear
Commando Solo.
During the Yugoslavia-Kosovo war Commando Solo used 1003 and
1270 kHz (both heard here in Scandinavia), close to Beograd
1008 and Novi Sad 1269 kHz.
Possibly Commando Solo now operates on some split frequency
around 1107 kHz or 1278/657 kHz (?) + 7 MHz amateur band which
were the frequencies of Afghan/Taleban radio??

Jorma Mantyla
Kangasala, Finland