[HCDX] 1314, 1341,1593, 1602 & 60mb

Hi,
really no DX-hints coming up here below, but for the record. Call it  DX experiences or
just nonsense, whatever you want.

1314 13Oct 1750 Italy. With NRK surpressed as much as possible, RAI was heard
                       with sports and a weather forecast. The forecast was provided by
                       the Italian Air Force (Aeronautica Militare).

                       One station here had non-stop opera music. Romania Cultural
                       I think. There is very often opera on this channel I have found.

                      The fourth station here, if we count NRK and we have to, I think,
                       because they have 1200 kW and is rather nextdoor, was broad-
                       casting in a language hard to place. But Macedonian from
                       Skopje is a very good guess.  And up it down it all went.

1341 13Oct 1840 UK. I would never have dreamt of finding 1341 such a
                      thrilling frequency. I managed to get BBC Radio Ulster as low
                      as possible. An Arabic-speaking station had news read by a
                      woman, with a jazzed-up version of Mozart's  "Marche Turque"
                      between items. I could cut off one ear if this wasn't  Kairo, because
                      "al-Kahira" was heard so many times. Behind this was one with
                      the sounds of Koran recital. But things got ghostly when a totally
                      unknown language was heard. It took  some while to unravel this.
                      It was BBC Radio Ulster's DJ Brian Mullan talking in Irish. What
                     a  fine music mix he presented ! So I stayed with that program.
                     Carmen Miranda. Ay, ay, ay...After the news at 1900 a guy
                     named McLean put on his country & western music show,
                     "McLean's Country". I went back to listen to the Middle East
                     stations. Believe it or not, but C&W howling can be misinterpreted
                     as Koran reading, and vice versa, if signals are weak and you
                     don't concentrate 100 %.

Forgive me, all . Just an experience. And some way of spending a
Saturday evening...

1593 13Oct 1350  Romania. "..Kolozvár(y)  Radio..." That is Radio Cluj in
                      Hungarian.  I wonder if they use the German name of the town,
                      Klausenberg,  if and when they have px in German. Fair
                      signal and a pre-Glenn Miller  big swing band.

1602 12Oct 0100 One or more of RAI 3 tx:s had remained on the air to carry the
                     nominally FM-broadcasted px "Tre Notte Classica". The id said
                     just FM.  Fair signal.

A quick 60mb scan on 12 Oct from 1505 to 1640 showed very good signals from
the Asian subcontinent. On 4760 where I stuck for quite a while, there was the
nx in E at 1530, then at 1600 a programme about nature. This was also on 4800.
At 1630 Indian music, and that was not // to 4800.  But one more station was on 4760
Both disappeared rather quickly behind TWR, Manzini, Swaziland balooning up at
1640 with evangelical px for African listeners. Language not know.

73 Johan Berglund, Trollhättan, Sweden (near the west coast)
AOR7030, K9AY