[HCDX] very nice european vhf dx

  There was an excellent f2 VHF low band opening from
Europe to the states from 1245-1430, Oct 16. At the
peak there was repeater traffic almost every 15-20 khz
between 34500 and 36000 Khz.
  I noted German language repeaters on 34400 and
34500, with standard two way conversations. These
repeaters stayed on even with no traffic, with an
occasional tone. Very nice signals, and at times
sounded local.
  I logged about 30 French language repeaters from
34-36 Mhz, also with excellent signals. Very unlikely
any of these were from Quebec, considering the time of
day.
  Also noted several repeaters of which I couldn't ID
the language. Perhaps Chech or East European.
  Did rx one simplex transmission in French with very
nice signal.(Hodgson OCT 16)

David Hodgson
Nashville, TN USA