Re: [HCDX] Alert: WCBS-880 off at 0400z OCT 17

Re: [HCDX] Alert: WCBS-880 off at 0400z OCT 17

Jim wrote:

Just heard on WCBS-880 that it will be off the air for maintenance
starting at 0400 UTC, OCT 17.  This will be a chance to get a good
signal from Manitoba.  Listen for country music.

I just happened to be listening to WCBS early Wednesday morning, October 17th, and they were still on the air at 0700 UTC (3 AM EDT) but went off-air immediately following the CBS Network news at 0706. Curiously, I noted that WFAN (660) was also off the air-maybe they use the same tower? The other NYC clear channels (WOR 710, WABC 770, WINS 1010, and whatever they're now calling the 1050 outlet) were still on at 0706 UT.

Craig S.