[HCDX] Re: [mwc] MW propagation paths

> Hello,
> Listening around on mediumwave towards Asia, I found that it is
> relatively easy for me to hear certain area's.
> For instance Thailand, Taiwan, Korea and East-China seems to go very
> well from here.
> It looks to me as if there some certain paths are always favourite from
> a certain location.
> I found the same last 2 winters towards the west.
> First year I often heard Mexico on mediumwave, and the year thereafter
> (with beverage's the same length and direction as the year before) the
> path was changed, and I almost never heard Mexico.
> Another fact is that I was about the only one here in Holland hearing
> those Mexicans.
> So ,maybe some of you who have more experience on mediumwave can say
> somethings to this.
> I am interested to share experiences to this subject with others, and I
> think this might be a nice place to discuss this.
>       Have fun on mdeiumwave
>       Greetings Dick (Dvk, from East-Holland)

Hi Dick,

I heard Mexico here too (3 stations in the upper part of MW) during
pre-Sunrise conditions.
But I do not hear any China (exc. 1521) in my location. I think it is due to
my antenna direction (E-W, 80 m) - and also a high level of noise.

I think it is difficult to say if there are any certain reception areas one
hears stations from and the other one not. I think we do not have enough
statistical material to be able to say that. Each one has different
antennas, hardly people listen at the same time etc.
One thing I would trust in is a soil conductivity. It can play a role.

Another thing I was thinking about, was that perhaps the reason for I do not
hear China and people in northern Germany or Netherlands do is the path of
signals. I think they go partly over water or close-to-water areas. To
central Europe the paths are little bit different.

OK, I heard HLAZ 1566 and CBS 1521 too, but outside my home and always when
there were very low geomagnetic indexes. At that time China on 1521 kHz was
very strong (it is my beacon).

Now I am thinking about ALA1530 to fix in on my roof mast with rotator (now
occupied by FM, 2m and TV-UHF antennas). As I have heard, ALA1530 could free
me of industrial noise and what more - I could turn it around and it is not
bad, is it?
!!! Anybody who would like to warn me of buying ALA1530, please let me know,
before it is too late ! :-) Thanks.

GOOD DX,

Karel Honzik
the Czech Republic (Czechia)