[HCDX] Radio Set

While walking around Santiago de Compostela and
delivering my cd walkman to the authorized agent for
servicing, i went to the Corte Ingles stores. Those
who has been to Sapin before knows what El Corte
Inglés goes about: clothes, cds, cell phones, etc etc
etc... but to my astonishing surprise i saw inside the
wool made showcase of this store a Sony ICF-SW77.
Yeah, a shortwave radio in a Corte Inglés store, where
people usually buy stuff like pop music cds, clothes,
electronic good and so on and so forth.

When i saw it, i could not believe what i was looking,
really. It was some sort of strange feeling when you
come to see something you've been looking for. But
what surprised me is to find such elusive radio sets
here in this city where i have only seen analog ones
every store i went.

i bought it at US$ 412. I think it's quite cheaper
than the price appeared in PWBR... and that's my main
worry, since i think it has landed there basically
beacause these guys couldn't get anyone to buy it
because it's defective. But, after 24h of usage, i'd
say that it's working quite fine, and it picks up weak
signals surprisingly well.

It comes with a AN model antenna (i don't actually
recall the model, but it's the one which you clip this
stuff to the telescopic antenna, and it unrolls a
quite long cable), the AC adaptor and phones. I am in
some sort of trial stuff with thi set since i have
like 10 days for returning the item. My uni residence
is close to Monte Pedroso, which is a hill that hosts
the repeaters, antennae and transmitter for almost all
FM radio and tv stations in town. And it think it
takes a grip on the radio, since i connect the AN
antenna and i start getting this rare signals. they're
either broadcasts from the FM stations or from the TV
stations that end up sounding very distorted and
covers sone hundred khz., especially on 7, 5, 9, and
sometines 4.5 MHz. It goes stronger when i clip the
antenna to the telescopic one, so i must think that
they're spurious signals coming from Monte Pedroso.

Anyway, some logs from it:

15040.0: RFPI coming suprisingly good at 2158UT, even
with some music from this Briton musician Moby. SIO
243.

6958.9usb: Number Station "Lincoln Porchshire"
(spelling?) with code 81234 at 2104UT. Message started
at 2110.

9559.2: Radio Ethiopia? Not really sure, even tho i
heard something which recalled a soccer match tx and
coverage at 1630. SIO 323. Close to 1700Ut heard some
id, like "Yateopia Radio", but not so sure...

Well, it's almost 2am here so i'm ready for bed!

Greetings from Compostela,

Moises Corilloclla