[HCDX] R Liberte QSL

Hi all,

Found a web-site for Haitian AMer R Liberte 1360 and sent an e-mail follow-up for a 1994 report to the station.

Received a very quick reply from Serge Beaulieu from the address fmliberte@xxxxxxx (also using cnsnewsun@xxxxxxx).

This is an interesting situation with Serge based in the United Nations and still broadcasting to the Caribbean. They hope to soon establish streaming audio on their web-site www.cnsnewsu22.com.

Cheers,

Paul

Quote from Serge:

Thank you for your email, which we just received.  I hope you continue to go to cnsnews22.com to be informed of our activities.  Radio Liberte is still on 1360 khz AM and 94.1 FM.  We have been having difficulty from time to time with our 1360 frequency due to electrical failures in the country where we broadcast--Haiti.

Although we have music on our website, we are now in the process of  broadcasting directly on the website, so keep checking. In the meantime, you can send us email at cnsnewsun@xxxxxxx or fmliberte@xxxxxxxx

Our stories on the website are printed in English as well as French, and from time to time we print in Spanish.

We are still number 1 on the airwaves, and my radio show is heard by 3 million people in the Caribbean region.  I will be reading your letter on the air.  I do remember answering your letter back in 1994.  There was a story in Radio World at that time about the destruction of our 1360 AM station by political foes.  I will send it to you by mail.

I am presently in New York at the United Nations and broadcast, nevertheless, every night to the Caribbean.

Good luck to you, and thanks.

Serge Beaulieu
Radio Liberte
fmliberte@xxxxxxx
cnsnewsun@xxxxxxx
cnsnews22@xxxxxxx

Website cnsnews22.com

Radio Liberte call letters 4VLS  4VSB  94.1 FM  1360 AM

Paul Ormandy
Host of The South Pacific DX
Report
http://radiodx.com