[HCDX] 11m mystery solved!

  A breakthrough has been made regarding the French
NFM signals I first rxed in the range of 25925-8, in
late October, here in Nashville, TN USA. Thanks to
French DXer Stephane VERON, the source of these
transmissions has now been identified.
  The following is from Glenn Hauser's DXLD 1183:

** FRANCE. I often read the DX Listening Digest
(thanks a lot for all these news) and here is my first
contribution to these DX-news... I am from France, so
I thought I could made an easy search about the
mysterious 'museum-like' transmissions on 25925 kHz of
these last days... I immediately thought about a text
issued by the French 'CSA' (media authority) a few
months ago. I easily found this text on
http://www.csa.fr and then I accessed the official
text on the French 'Journal Officiel'. Here are the
results:

About the 26 MHz French transmissions: all these
programmes are pre-recorded comments for tourists
about spots of historical / geographical interest. The
owner of these frequencies is the 'Comité
Departemental du tourisme de la Charente-Maritime'
(the local tourism
office for departement Charente-Maritime, in La
Rochelle). They are broadcast from 37 different sites
(that can explain the different voices heard on a same
channel) on 5 different frequencies: 25845, 25880,
25925, 26000 and 26035 kHz. The radiated power of each

transmitter is (only) 1 W. Tourists can listen to
these pre-recorded comments on each spot, simply using
an especially-made receiver. This system is, as far as
I can remember, used only by the tourism office
of Charente-Maritime, because it's a departement of
many interesting spots... You can access to the
official French text about this (including all the
transmission sites) on the following web-addresses
(.TIF format !) :
http://tif.journal-officiel.gouv.fr/2000/12561001.tif
http://tif.journal-officiel.gouv.fr/2000/12562001.tif
http://tif.journal-officiel.gouv.fr/2000/12563001.tif
(they are copies of the French Journal Officiel that
publishes laws
and that can be accessed on
http://www.legifrance.gouv.fr ) I hope
that answered to all your questions about these
transmissions... I
didn't try to catch these broadcasts, so I'm going to
do this soon!
(Stephane VERON ( student, France ) Nov 26, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)