[HCDX] new info on canadian 11m tv feeder

 From: David Hodgson
  Nashville, TN USA

  Progress has been made with my presumed Canadian TV
feeder/cue station log on 26142-50 FM. Since I speak
no French, I mailed a copy of the tape I made of this
station, to 11 meter DXer Guido Schotmans in Belgium.
Fortunately, the recording contains a station ID. This
was his response:

Hello David,

Here are some more monitoring results from the tape
recording made on 26143-26150 4 Nov '01 Wide FM.

The program format looks like news, weather, sports,
like so may stations do.

A.o. I recognized these sentences:

...le sécretaire américain de défense a conduit un
tour de 3 jours ... Indie? the American secretary of
defense had made a tour of 3 days  ... to India

...beaucoup de nuages...
...lots of clouds...

... et la ville de Montreal...
...and the city of Montreal...

...et travailler avec l'équipe entien...
...and work with the whole team...

Then something about Afghanistan

...dan la région de Danaque (spelling?) la justice de
trois rivières .. la chute de se meurtre se venu...
...la victime un jeune homme blanc de 14 ans de
Saint-Anmaire il a été trouver sans vie... in the
Danaque region, the justice of the three rivers .. the
fall of this murder? the victim, a young boy of 14
years old from Saint-Anmaire, was found
lifeless...

Then some ads. No products recognized. All prices in
Canadian $.

...dans quelques instants les autres détailles dans
"l'avenir de Canada"...
...in a few moments the other details in "The future /
the posterity of Canada"...

Ads again. and then the ID "Ici CKTM (or N)
Télévision"..  I don't know if this
call-sign really fits for one or another Canadian
station.  But it must be possible to find on the
internet.

  Guido was not absolutely sure whether the last
letter was  M or N, since they sound so similar. (This
is a very common problem Dxing stations using call
letters as identification, such as FM BC DXing)

  I contacted Sheldon Harvey, and asked him if he was
able to confirm that such a station exists. Mr
Harvey?s response:

I would say that the station is most likely CKTM
television in Trois-Rivieres, Quebec (Three Rivers).

CKTN is located in Trail, British Columbia.

A search on Yahoo revealed that it couldn't be CKTN as
they are in western Canada and broadcasts in English.
The reference to Trois-Rivieres made me check out
stations in that region and CKTM came up.

Trois-Rivieres is about halfway between Montreal and
Quebec City, on the St. Lawrence River.

I can drop a note to the station and ask them if they
are using some sort of remote to studio link
transmitter.

I will keep you posted.

  Thanks for the help guys!!!