[HCDX] URG: 6010 CXA142 Em. Ciudad de Montevideo

[HCDX] URG: 6010 CXA142 Em. Ciudad de Montevideo

URUGUAY 6010 (nominal) Em. Ciudad de Montevideo, reported by Slaen-Argentina
to be operating here or around here -apparently fqcy drifting or variable-
is, in
effect, a new SW outlet for the stn. I phoned Sr. Jorge Yizmeyián in order
to get
more info. This is what I got from him: callsign: CXA142, sked 1300-1800
-they are
currently testing. He refused to state pwr used, but said the xter has been
built
by his brother (and stn owner), Aramazd Yizmeyián. Simulcasts MW 1370 and is
CXA42 on 9650. He indicated, however, that only one of the SW channels would
be on
the air at times. They started xmssns on this former SODRE channel about two
weeks ago. (Nigro-Uruguay, Nov. 29)

73

Horacio,

Horacio A. Nigro