[HCDX] Antenna direction switched by wind

[HCDX] Antenna direction switched by wind

Hi,
this is an interesting story of my long wire antenna contra strong wind.

This winter I found out that during strong wind (not often, ca. once per
month) I hear strange crackels (and something more, read on) comming from my
antenna. The antenna is a 80 meters long wire on a roof of our
multi-apartment building. Direction: East-West. On the roof the antenna is
connected via balun to a coax cable which goes down into my flat in the 5th
floor of this 8-floor house.

During the crackles I found out that on medium waves, on the same frequency,
I hear one station at one moment and another station a few seconds later -
like somebody is switching the antenna direction for me...

While tuning accross the MW band, I found certain channels where the
phenomenon was the most expressive.
It was like the antenna direction being switched between two positions (A,
B) and I could hear the following stations on these channels:

738 kHz