[HCDX] News from World Radio TV Handbook

[HCDX] News from World Radio TV Handbook

NATIONAL & INTERNATIONAL SPLIT
Many DXers and listeners have asked why the domestic and international
broadcasts in WRTH are separated.
The first reason is that, in order to get the book out in December (so that
you get it while the information is current), we have to get as many pages as
we can ready in advance so that they can be printed before the international
SW information is ready. We then get the SW information as quickly as we can
and the rest of the book is printed, amd the whole thing bound, boxed and
distributed in two weeks. It would not be possible to get copies around the
world in time if we put the two sections together.
The second reason is that we produce the SW section on a database. We have to
do this to produce the frequency and language listings. It would be a very
long job to re-integrate the SW country information from the database output
into the National listing and we would not get the book out until January or
February by which time there is only a short time to run on the winter
schedules.

SW FREQUENCY LIST IN WRTH 2002
There has been a lot of comment over the missing domestic SW frequencies in
the SW frequency list in WRTH 2002. Our apologies for this. I am finding out
why this happened and what went wrong. We will make the missing information
available as soon as we can.

Nicholas Hardyman
Publisher
World Radio TV Handbook
World Radio TV Handbook 2002 will be out soon!
You can get yours for $17.46 + shipping + possible tax in some states.
Please visit: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0823059332/hardcoredxcom
And while you buy it, you'll also support Hard-Core-DX. Thank you.

This space is for rent. Please contact staff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx for more information.