RE: [HCDX] Radio Netherlands special via UAE (presumed)

RE: [HCDX] Radio Netherlands special via UAE (presumed)

>UAE (p), 21575, Radio Netherlands (p),  According to the Radio
>Netherlands web site this was a Special one day use of UAE site for
>presumed Dutch broadcast / live coverage of the marriage of the Crown
>Prince to Maxima Zorreguieta.

>heard the song "Ave Maria" at 1138, "Halelulia" chorus later on

I can confirm that this matches the details of what was in the service.
Apparently there was a switching error in Bush House in London at some point
during the broadcast. (The transmission was arranged by Merlin
Communications, whose main switching centre is at Bush). Officially it was
the Dutch service, but apparently a bit of English and Indonesian was also
transmitted. I don't have the details of the exact times. Just to add to the
confusion, both English and Spanish was also used in the service as well as
Dutch. It was a bit like a revival of Happy Station :-)

Andy Sennitt
Radio Netherlands

World Radio TV Handbook 2002 will be out soon!
You can get yours for $17.46 + shipping + possible tax in some states.
Please visit: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0823059332/hardcoredxcom
And while you buy it, you'll also support Hard-Core-DX. Thank you.