[HCDX] DX Listening Digest 2-019; WOR 1116

[HCDX] DX Listening Digest 2-019; WOR 1116

DX LISTENING DIGEST 2-019 has now been posted at http://www.worldofradio.com/dxld2019.txt CONTENTS:

WOR 1116 / AFGHANISTAN non / AUSTRALIA HCJB / BENIN / BRAZIL / CAMEROON / CHINA / CUBA +non / ECUADOR / GEORGIA / GERMANY / ICELAND / INDONESIA / INTERNATIONAL WATERS non Caroline / ITALY / KOREA NORTH / KOREA SOUTH / LATVIA / LITHUANIA / MADAGASCAR / MALAWI / NIGER / NIGERIA / OMAN / QATAR / RUSSIA +non / SAUDI ARABIA / SOLOMON ISLANDS / UAE / UK Beeb.com / USA Lubavitcher / USA WSPO / VIETNAM non / ZIMBABWE

HTML version of this issue will be posted afterwards at
http://www.worldofradio.com/dxldtd02.html

For restrixions and searchable 2002 contents archive see

NOTE: If you are a regular reader of DXLD, and a source of DX news
but have not been sending it directly to us, please consider yourself
obligated to do so. Thanks, Glenn

WORLD OF RADIO #1116 available online late UT Feb 4:
(STREAM)   http://www.worldofradio.com/wor1116.ram
(DOWNLOAD) http://www.worldofradio.com/wor1116.rm
(SUMMARY)  http://www.worldofradio.com/wor1116.html

FINAL AIRINGS ON RFPI: Tue 1900, 2300 (special time) on 15039, 21815-
USB

NOTE!! As you may have heard, we had a major ice storm in Oklahoma.
Virtually every tree in Enid was damaged, and many power lines were
knocked down. WOR was without AC power from 2223 UT January 30 until
1654 UT February 4. Except for a library session February 3, we have
also been offline, and it will take some time to catch up. THIS issue
is the one under preparation January 30 when power went out, although
not distributed until February 4. Subsequent issues will no doubt
update some of the info herein.

WORLD OF RADIO 1116: could not be completed in time for WBCQ scheduled
airings UT Jan 31, so 1115 ran instead. It was completed in time for
WWCR from Jan 31, and RFPI from Feb 1, which received it by phone
feed. WRN cannot accept phone feeds, the only method which was
available to us, so re-ran 1115. Stations and listeners depending on
WRN for WOR 1116 could not get it; however, it will shortly be
ondemand from WRN as well as from worldofradio.com

Thanks to everyone expressing concern about our situation. While
inconvenient without electricity or internet for almost 5 days, we had
plenty of gas heat, and as a bonus more time than usual to monitor the
bands on battery power, with less line noise than usual, the results
of which will be in next issue.

Regards, Glenn Hauser

World Radio TV Handbook 2002 will be out soon!
You can get yours for $17.46 + shipping + possible tax in some states.
Please visit: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0823059332/hardcoredxcom
And while you buy it, you'll also support Hard-Core-DX. Thank you.