[HCDX] A DXer in Kabul...

Hi all,

Just posted an article to radiodx.com from UNESCO worker and DX League member Martin Hadlow who is in Kabul.

"It looked like it would be an impressive place to visit. At the
front gate, two guards stood with their tripod-mounted machine gun placed
strategically atop what looked to be a table. The weapon was wrapped
in a long belt of live ammunition. Steel combat helmets sat on the table
alongside the gun and the guards gave us a cheery salute as we entered
the compound. We were at the training centre of Radio-Television Afghanistan,
a fine old building which had once been home to the first Radio Afghanistan
station. Nestling in a back-lane in the old city of Kabul, just a stone's
throw from the bustling money market and sellers of clothing and fruit,
the building wears its age gracefully, albeit with countless scars of
bullet holes dotted across its facade..."

Read the rest at http://radiodx.com/spdxr/writing.htm

Cheers,

Paul

Paul Ormandy
Host of The South Pacific DX
Report
http://radiodx.com

World Radio TV Handbook 2002 will be out soon!
You can get yours for $17.46 + shipping + possible tax in some states.
Please visit: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0823059332/hardcoredxcom
And while you buy it, you'll also support Hard-Core-DX. Thank you.