[HCDX] Theme: Radio raft and Interface

Previous saturday  i have received the  full version of radio raft 3.21and the
simple computer interface from Pervisell for this program.

It is my 3rd time  systematic work on digital signals over HF  as my first time
was back to 1990-1  when i used the Philips  S2935 and a Spectrum interface
TIA for tuning to press agencies  and more particularly  the TANYUG  which
had very interesting international news.
And  my second time  was on 94 when i have bought the 462 directly from
MFJ and used cnnected with the LC100 printer. Many logs have been made
with it as well as letters sent to some stations  mainly for CW and RTTY

MY third time was two years ago when i downloaded some amateur radio
progreams such as Hamscope , MMTTY WXSAT  and others.
I also tried to use RRaft. Together with a friend , an electonic techniciamn,
we made the cicruit shown inth e page of RAft ,but afterwards it has been
abandoned for much time .
two months  ago i finished it  but the circuit for unknown reasons did not
wirked . For this reason i prefered to buy a news one from Pervisell.

Here is a  little from what i found ( such as preliminary)
The  program seems  to work very good under DOS and still under Windows
in my pentium III on  800 MHz. However under Windows RAFT can be used
ONLY foreground otherwise all system sources are occupied . Usage of
interface inhibits any noise to go to receiver, as it would be done otherewise
with audiocard (about 10 db)

INstead of making a overview i will only epxlain my prso and cons:

Points I liked:
-The big number of modulations it can decode and the realatively fast aboility
to identify the modes  inless than 10 seconds
-The ability to view  status informatiom (idling , repetition) and corecting text
if a backspace s transmitted
-The similarity of using the keyboard as happened with the SPECTRUM
program / interface
-The time rows and the  ability to save also the times
-The baudmeter and  the digit modes (and save the 'raw data')
-The automatic bit inversion  (works also when you change  the sideband
from upper to lower!)

Points i did not like
- The high sourced the program requires under Windows
- The difficulty to decode signals close to threshold. True TTY under Win can
decode them better
- The relative difficulty to decode CW signals
- Did not found so far a ny manual UOS operation
- the inability to decode CIS peudo-baudot signals There are too many
signals in muy area
- The low size of buffer (only 64 kb??)

Programs  i used so far under windows are:  MMTTY ,  HAMSCOPE , True
TTY , Sea TTY The  last two programs are best for TTY  as they can decode
signals that are a just above the threshold.(noise level)

I could prefer a program  that could  use the  interface , be under, say
WIndows  , have the ability  of HAmscope to show audio  above noise, have
all the automoatic operations of Raft including the time in saving higher
buffer and  decode  so perfect as  the True TTY does.
This does ot mean that io do not like the Raft!When my computer is OFF i
can switch at half time to use RAft than any other program under WIN.

Here is a list logs  i decoeded the previous 2 days . Tewxt as logged in
notices paper no corections

11.2
KCNA Pyongyang 8020 1840 , 250 Hz , S8-9 sporadic (not everryday )
unIDed 8094 1810/400  with ARQ E 200 bd , S6  , idling 1840
8102 4XZ CW 1711 with 5fgs  S9
8422 PO  , CW + SITOR B with traffic list
8452 FUG  testing and couts  1720
8680 ???  SWED ARQ  , on error , 1725
8698 7TF  Boufaric R , CQ 13 bd , S9
7671 FDI 22   with foxes , FF 1753  S7
8030 RFFX  in ARQ E 1757 , S5 , many errors
8105 RFFX , ARQ E 184 ,  1800  with idlies S9
8424 SVO , only CW ,mode 1820  abt 11 bd S9
8450 5AB  buyzzying tome  on CW  1824
8465 un ID 100 bd with encrypted msgs 1836
8500 RBSL IN mumbai RYs SGs and  5lg encoded msgs S2
8556 Szcin R - SITOR B  with news at 1900 S5@+10 db
8568 RFQPME  ZUI ZNR testing 75 bd 1917 off
8600 XSV Tianjin 1928 with buzzying tome morse 18.7 bd

12.12
14681 MFA BUdapest RUU FEC  with enc text 1300 S9+10
14701 Pactor
15750 .... encrypted msgs in Baudot 1115, 75 bd , S9
16020 SITOR A  with 5 lgs

13.12
8020  the KCNA diod not work ....
8080 1847 6lgs on 75 bd   S3-6
pen-DX sejak 72 - anggota World-DX-Club 2104,Play DX, dll
PP: R75/HF150/MVT7100/D2935  + 16m/1x1 +
MFJ16010/1040/1025/752c/462
http://www.geocities.com/zliangas/
/trip2k.htm (dlm Bkk,SNG,BAli)   /MP3_comp.htm comparison Xing/Fastenc
/napa.htm crash test Napa DAV315 MP3 player

World Radio TV Handbook 2002 will be out soon!
You can get yours for $17.46 + shipping + possible tax in some states.
Please visit: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0823059332/hardcoredxcom
And while you buy it, you'll also support Hard-Core-DX. Thank you.