[HCDX] Fwd: [DXplorer] Loggings from Victoria, BC

[HCDX] Fwd: [DXplorer] Loggings from Victoria, BC

Folks, in between the hockey games (way to go, Canada!!!), I have a few loggings of interest, I hope.  For the gang in Victoria, here's a tip about listening to Listening with Cumbre over WHRI.  Reception here is always spotty and unenjoyable.  Try WHRA on 7580 at 0230 UTC Saturday.  Signal is always clean and reliable.  Good DX everyone!......Walt.

?CHINA 4815, 1556-, ?CRI Feb 23 Nothing listed on this frequency.  Heard
the last few seconds of I think was a Russian ID, then a few notes of
Chinese music and carrier off.  ?CRI.  Fair reception. (Salmaniw, Victoria,
BC, Canada)

?SOLOMON ISLANDS 5019.88, 1520-,  Feb 23 Fair to good signal with BBC
sports programming.  I suspect this must be the Solomon Islands relaying
the BBC long after their normal sign-off.  Anyone else hearing them at this
time?  Gradually fading as the sun rises here. (Salmaniw, Victoria, BC, Canada)

BANGLADESH 7185, 1656-, R.BANGLADESH Feb 24 Not bad reception in presumed
Bengali, with fair reception.  Equal to parallel 9550, with mostly Indian
type music.  Not too much ham QRM today. (Salmaniw, Victoria, BC, Canada)

CHINA 4880, 1500-, CRI Feb 23 CRI heard on this unlisted frequency with
sign-on IS and ID in Russian.  Good signal. (Salmaniw, Victoria, BC, Canada)

CZECH REP. 7345, 0402-, R.PRAGUE Feb 24 Surprisingly strong reception S9+10
to 20 in English with news.  Was looking for Vatican R in Ukrainian, which
is only weakly audible cochannel. Parallel 9435 was even stronger at S9+30,
while WRMI's relay was the weakest on 7385 with S9+ signal. (Salmaniw,
Victoria, BC, Canada)

INDONESIA 4925, 1546-, RRI Jambi Feb 23 Good to very good signals with
Indonesian talk and local music.  Don't the RRI stations have an absolutely
typical and unique modulation style!  Not listed in the most recent ILG
database.  Into Muslim type programming at 15:49 with Arabic music in
background and talk by male in foreground. (Salmaniw, Victoria, BC, Canada)

MALAYSIA 4844.9, 1553-, RTM Kuala Lumpur Feb 23 RTM slightly off frequency
with nice Indian music.  Use LSB to avoid much stronger Chinese on 4850.
(Salmaniw, Victoria, BC, Canada)

NORTH AMERICAN PIRATE 6951.7, 0355-, KMUD Feb 23 About a S7 signal at 0352
with ID for I believe, Black Rock Radio. Little talk, and much new age type
music.  Then into a slow morse ID, and Indian sounding music.  Mentioned
Mojave desert.  KMUD in morse when rechecked later. (Salmaniw, Victoria,
BC, Canada)

NORTH AMERICAN PIRATE 6955.0, 0442-, All Pirate Radio Feb 23 At 0442,
calling, 'All  Pirate Radio',  at fair strength. Chipmunk sounding
speech.  Nonsensical programming.  Lots of dead air.  Nothing after from
0446 to 0448, when came back with same ID. (Salmaniw, Victoria, BC, Canada)

PERU 6956.65, 0140-, Voz del Campesino Feb 24 Not often heard here anymore,
with Peruvian music, mixing with a lot of ute QRM.  Fair signal.  Best in
USB. (Salmaniw, Victoria, BC, Canada)

ROMANIA 11830, 1706-1755*, R.ROMANIA INTERN. Feb 24 Nice S5 signal in
English with news about large protest in Moldova.  Parallel 15245 almost as
good, but use USB to avoid splatter from lower side.  I'm impressed with
RRI's techical improvement over the past few years.  They used to be
somewhat of a dx catch here in WCNA, but are now quite widely heard at many
times. (Salmaniw, Victoria, BC, Canada)

RUSSIA 12015, 1510-, Golos Rossii Feb 23 Hoping to hear Mongolia here, and
instead find powerful Golos Rossii in Russian instead. (Salmaniw, Victoria,
BC, Canada)

RUSSIA 21870, 1649-, VOICE OF RUSSIA Feb 24 I'm presuming this to be VOR
with a third harmonic, in German at poor level.  In fact, the 4th on 29160
is also heard at same strength.  Nothing on the fundamental or 2X.
(Salmaniw, Victoria, BC, Canada)

SRI LANKA 15425, 0027-, SLBC COLOMBO Feb 24 Nice sign-on with drums, vocal
anthem, more drums, more singing.  Time pips and sign-on for 0600 India
time, 0630 Sri Lanka time and Sunday morning programming.  All Asia Service
of the SLBC.  Always interesting programming.  About S5 signal tonight.
(Salmaniw, Victoria, BC, Canada)

TIBET 5240, 1538-, R.Xizang Feb 23 Weak audio heard with Chinese sounding
music.  Lots of QRM in the area.  The 'space zapper' appears to have
invaded this area of the spectrum besides the well known 4800 region.
(Salmaniw, Victoria, BC, Canada)

UNIT.ARAB EMIRATES 21597.5, 1613-, UAE R.DUBAI Feb 23 English program,
'Role of proverbs in Arab society'.  Good signal, but 13675 is strongest,
and 13630 fair. Buzz in the background on this frequency only. (Salmaniw,
Victoria, BC, Canada)

USA 7355, 0145-, WRNO NEW ORLEANS Feb 24 This is not a logging.  Haven't
heard WRNO since the Christmas period.  Not even a het.  Are they on at
all?  Anyone else hearing them.  Are they using any of their other
frequencies aside from nominal 7355?. (Salmaniw, Victoria, BC, Canada)