[HCDX] Radio Cacique - Sorocaba

-----Original Message-----
From: Marcelo Toniolo [mailto:topdx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, March 13, 2002 9:29 PM
To: CUMBRE DX EDITOR
Subject: Radio Cacique - Sorocaba

BRAZIL
2470 kHz - Radio Cacique, Sorocaba (SP).  This is just to let you know that this station is back on the air operating 24/7 with 250 Watts. Until a few days ago there was a controversy among some Brazilian DX'ers if this station was really back on shortwave or not.  I decided to call the station and spoke to a technician called "Toninho". He was very friendly and told me that the station is back to shortwave since about 2 months ago. The schedule is:

From 07:30 UTC to 03:00 UTC - in parallel with Medium Wave (1160 kHz).
From 03:00 UTC to 07:30 UTC - in parallel with FM (96,5 MHz) - only music

I haven't tried Radio Cacique yet but keep in your mind to check it out every day. We never know when the propagation would be open for Brazil and this would be a great DX.

Reception reports should be sent to Toninho (Departamento Técnico) at: comercial@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx . I suggest you to write your reception reports in Portuguese language.

Marcelo Toniolo
Greenvale, NY (USA)