[HCDX] Re: OKAPI 9550

----- Original Message -----
From: "Hans Johnson"

Sent: Monday, March 18, 2002 2:20 PM
Subject: Re OKAPI

> George Maroti was kind enough to make his report available to DXers
> in the spirit of friendship and cooperation and we passed it along to
> other DXers in the same spirit.

Hi Hans,

there are some OKAPI reports of the last week/weekend, after a silent period
in past two weeks, when never seen any reliable report on the DX press.

Christoph/OE2CRM of Austria told me the answer from Kinshasa:

"I would like to thank you about your email concerning OKAPI radio.
I'm in charge for the sudies/install all technical features for all OKAPI
radio stations in the Democratic Republic Of Congo (FM and shoretwaves).
Your comments are welcome.
Cheers Georges/VE2EK"

and Dominique Jaccard answered immediately and in short:

"If you heard that jingle on radio,
it came from Radio Okapi in Kinshasa.
Sorry, impossible for the moment to do more. "

So, it's obviously, that people of the Aid Organization Hirondelle are in
duty of more important commitments at present,

!!! than celebrate a DX hobby event show !!!.

73 wb DF5SX  BC-DX Top news

World Radio TV Handbook 2002 will be out soon!
You can get yours for $17.46 + shipping + possible tax in some states.
Please visit: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0823059332/hardcoredxcom
And while you buy it, you'll also support Hard-Core-DX. Thank you.