[HCDX] Re: WFLA

Further to the WFLA-WFLF business...

As Terry Krueger and I have just remarked here, viz.

>In addition to WFLA and WFLF, WSPB on 1450 from Sarasota is
>another "WFLA" station, paralleling much of their
>programming with 970 just to their north.

Someone re-posted Aart's question to the NRC AM reflector. It generated
quite a bit of discussion there (but no real additional news)  (and none of
that got reposted here). However someone did mention a 1070 station doing
this, and today on a phone interview with a state legislator, heard on 970,
the guest being interviewed said "There is now a WFLA in Tallahassee"
which was news to the on-air talent. So probably the same station.

And I think someone else said the 1450 is doing more independent pgmg.

>>I found in the evening hours a (weak) station on 540 kHz that identified
>>as "News radio 540, WFLA".

World Radio TV Handbook 2002 will be out soon!
You can get yours for $17.46 + shipping + possible tax in some states.
Please visit: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0823059332/hardcoredxcom
And while you buy it, you'll also support Hard-Core-DX. Thank you.