[HCDX] loggings and audio clip

Hello everywhere

there can be heard still something original on short wave! Who would have
thought that the local radio station of a rather poor African country, which
is hit by a civil war, transmits a 30 minutes advertising block?  This
happened yesterday night on SLBS Freetown on 3316 kHz. The station came in
with unusually strong signal (SINPO partly 44334!). There could be heard
several commercials like advertisement for the "Ladies Night" of a local
disco, for a song festival at Victoria park, which seems to be a public
place in Freetown, as well as - very surprising - a commercial spot for
Holsten beer! Holsten is a well known brewery in northern Germany. As a
German I enjoyed this commerical very much and on that reason I decided to
record it and to prepare an audio clip (236 KB). On the clip one can listen
to the national anthem of Sierra Leone, too. Things like that you cannot
hear every day from Africa. If anyone has interest, please let me know in a
personal mail. Anyway I have to correct now my former conception of Africa.

All loggings in detail:

SIERRA LEONE
3316  SLBS Freetown, 24th of March 02, 2255-0003, English & local language,
religious program until 2305 followed by commercial spots, modern African
music, national anthem, sign off at 0003. SINPO partly 44334

HONDURAS
4832  R Litoral, La Ceiba, 25th of March 02, 0015-0045, Garifun language,
latino pop, ID and address, religious program. SINPO 34433

INDIA
1566  AIR Nagpur, 24th of March 02, 2025-2040, Hindi, English, Indian music,
ID and news at 2030; fantastic signal, best at 2030 with S=9+10.

vy 73

Michael Schnitzer  -  michael_schnitzer@xxxxxx
Receiver:  JRC NRD-525
Antennas: 25m longwire
                  DX-One Professional
                  EWE to South America
                  EWE to Asia/Pacific
Location:  Hassfurt, Germany / Alemania

World Radio TV Handbook 2002 will be out soon!
You can get yours for $17.46 + shipping + possible tax in some states.
Please visit: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0823059332/hardcoredxcom
And while you buy it, you'll also support Hard-Core-DX. Thank you.