[HCDX] Re AFRTS

Message: 7
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 17:59:07 -0800
From: kari helopaltio <
kari.helo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [HCDX] re: AFRTS frequencies

Hi!
Believe me, there is no AFRTS USB transmissions from Sigonella nor Diego
Garcia on those often mentioned frequencies. Not since last summer or
so, least at the moment. That´s the sad truth.
Frequencies for Florida, Puerto Rico, Guam and Hawaii txs seem right to
the spot and active. Puerto Rico and Guam are heard best here in
Southern Finland.
Happy Easter from Helo.

A comment :
Hi again, re AFRTS, a strange QSL came by mail, obviously to my  report of them  last month  of
the Guam tx on 13362U.  Guam was the only one I had not reported earlier by ordinary mail, but here
was a mail QSL from them that I had heard Diego Garcia on 4319 which I had not. Not this time. That was a year ago, and I received their QSL.

Let's face it, the AFRTS QSL dept. has computorized QSL-ing, and you can't blame them for not answering reports, but this time it got screwed up. I just wonder when all naval units will have their satellite
receivers fixed up and this episode of AFRTS on SW ends. But so far it has been real fun. Anybody with a QSL from erratic Iceland on 3903U ? That would indeed be a good one for the history buffs in 50 years or so.

73  and enjoy the holiday !

Johan Berglund, Trollhättan, Sweden