[HCDX] Observations

Hi, I have reported an unid earlier on 5796, and it's there with a very weak signal from 22UTC or earlier. I doubt it is anything genuine, probably a harmonic, in that case perhaps the fifth of   828. The language on 5796 sounds like Russian, but I can't be 100 pct. sure. Long programs of various music, including piano jazz, and also a radio play tonight, Mar 31 at 2300. Earlier in the week they were there at 0320, and I tried to compare with 828, be it was not in parallel with a Russsian-speaking station on the qrg, which very much sounded like the Radio Svobodna - Radio Liberty format. And R Liberty is indeed listed in Herman Boel's EMWG. (from St. Petersburg with 10 kW).  Other checks, with R Rossi and Mayak, showed different programs too. Or is this my rx playing tricks with me ?

1350 Mar 31, 2105-2129 DW, px in Arabic, via Armenia. Very good reception here. Just news and telephone reports from the ME, one piece of music, schedule and qrgs. The DW had quite a number of different reporters from the area.  This was after a couple of very dramatic days in Israel - Palestine, as you will remeber. At 2129 just one round of the DW interval signal, and even that one wasn't allowed to tone out completely, before a voice saying (twice) "This is Radio Free Europe, Radio Liberty, Praha" came on. Then silence. The id  actually started with "Praha", then the whole thing twice, so it was a computor that started the track half a second too early.  Then silence. As far as I have consulted the sources there are no RFE/RL transmissions on 1350.

"QSL" I heard the United Christian Broadcasters px on Feb 23, 2002 on 549 kHz, and sent a report to
P.O.Box 25, Stoke-on-Trent, ST4 8YY, UK. (Found in EMWG.) I quote from the letter " Mr. Johan Berglund, 21 March 2002. RE:Reception report 232rd of February 2002. Dear Johan. thank you for your interesting letter. We do not have or operate a transmitter on 549, we only broadcast by satellite. The 549kHz signal you are reporting is coming from Ireland. This is operated by Irish Christian Broadcasters and  they do sometimes rebroadcast our satellite signal without permission to do so. [My italics].   So I can't give you a QSL for 549KHz, sorry. The address of Irish Christian Broadcasters is.

Irish Christian Broadcasters (ICB),
PO BOX 777
Dubdalk
Ireland

Yours sincerely, signed Peter Leach, Technical Assistant"

This speaks for itself, I think. Nice letter, enclosed were two booklets and IRC returned.

4794.9 Mar 30 0030 Brazil. Rádio Difusora, Aquidauana, MTS with 30 minutes of a recorded concert of
Christian rock, then an ordinary rel. px, with prayers and " a palavra do Deus". QSA 3  and qrm.

 73 Johan Berglund, Trollhättan, Sweden. AOR AR7030, K9AY, lw 60 m.