Re: [HCDX] Re: WFLA address

WFLA probably do not mention the SW frequency because it is not intended
for broadcasting to the public.  I believe it is a studio-to-transmitter
link, and a number of U.S. radio stations have them in the same area of
the 25 MHz band.  Under U.S. law, shortwave broadcast stations must
transmit with at least 50 kW, and they must target their transmissions
outside the country.  When I got a QSL from WFLA for the SW link some
years ago, their engineer wrote to tell me that they do not intend their
SW signal for world band coverage, and that to use it deliberately for
that would be against FCC regulations and against the conditions of their
license.

73,

Marie Lamb

On Wed, 17 Apr 2002, Gisle Vanem wrote:

> The page at http://www.540wfla.com had no mention of their SW service.
>
> Gisle V.

World Radio TV Handbook 2002 is out!
You can get yours for $17.47 + shipping + possible tax in some states.
Please visit: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0823059332/hardcoredxcom
And while you buy it, you'll also support Hard-Core-DX. Thank you.