[HCDX] Ecuador on 5900U

Hi, from Trollhättan, Sweden  a logging I never thought would be possible.

Three days ago, Short Wave Bulletin posted an extra log to its members, from Björn Malm, Quito, Ecuador, with quite an interesting item.

Björn had heard down there  on 5900U Radio Cosmopolita, in Quito with px's in Quichua. That station is the only on in the capital with programs in that language he says, and a lot of people from other parts of the country, and with Quichua as their mother tounge have migrated to the national capital Quito. Many of them come from the the Chimborazo province, capital Riobamba. So he had heard them with a connection to a station called Chimborazo 98.1, exchanging greeting and messages. He goes on to tell that in Quito Radio Cosmopolita is on 959.95 kHz with bad reception. So his listening tip was about 5900U.

I heard a station there last night, at 0015-0100, and it was indeed a program where people were given a minute or more to get out their messages,  children, women and men were given the mike, and the moderator was a man. Between messages, the moderator did a lot of talk in Quichua, and suddenly the words Radio Cosmopolita sneaked into the text. I have discovered that fact just a few hours ago, after listening to the tape  a number of times. It's there for a fact, and I have sent the audio to Björn,  also to Henrik Klemetz  and a few others.  So the log goes like this

5900U 19Apr 0015-0100 Radio Cosmopolita, Quito, Ecuador  with a greetings program in Quichua. (According to Björn Malm, Quito, Ecuador it's a simulcast with Chimborazo 98.1, probably in Riobamba.) Rarther poor signal, but id now confirmed. This can't be  no other thing than a feed, or....?

Henrik answered my question about the spelling of the language. I have always said and spellt it quechua, but in Ecuador it has been decided that the language has only three vowels a, i, u , so it has to be quichua, unlike  in Peru and Bolivia...

Good hunting
Johan Berglund, Trollhättan, Sweden  AOR AR7030, LW & K9AY.