Re: [HCDX] WFLA

What your hearing is one of several legally operated FM relay transmitters used for remote broadcast pickup. From time to time you may hear the engineer talking to the on air talent at the remote site. These transmitters run around 100 watts or so & it's possible that WFLA is not turning it off when it's not needed for a remote broadcast. By the way it's possible to QSL these transmissions...

At 07:59 PM 4/20/2002 -0400, you wrote:
I would just lump it into the same massive pile of stations
the FCC fails to want to enforce (stations that run high
power after sunset, transmit off-frequency, carry
satellite-fed programming and never insert ID's at ToH,
etc. -- all the while burning enforcement time on low power
pirates that hurt nobody).

> From: "Gisle Vanem" <giva@xxxxxxxxx>
> To: <hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Anybody got the address of station WFLA, Florida USA. It's
> transmitting a pretty
> decent signal on 25780. The WRTH 2002 has no mention of
it.

From: "Terry Krueger" <tocobagadx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

In which category would you place this?

73, Mauno Ritola
Finladn

World Radio TV Handbook 2002 is out!
You can get yours for $17.47 + shipping + possible tax in some states.
Please visit: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0823059332/hardcoredxcom
And while you buy it, you'll also support Hard-Core-DX. Thank you.