[HCDX] Eastern Beverage results

Hi everyone;

Per my e mail message last week regarding the ties I added to the
Eastern Beverage, I compared the "before" & "after" results on the lower
part of the band.

FREQ      BEFORE         AFTER
540          CBQX              CBXQ/CBK
550          KOAC              KOAC/KBOW
560          KPQ                KPQ/KMON
570          KVI                  KVI/UNID
580          KFXD               KFXD/CKUA
590          KUGN/KQNT    KQNT/KUGN
600          CKBD               CKBD/KGEZ

In the case of 550, 560, 570, 580, & 600, there have been no sign of any
other stations on the channel during the day in the past month as it is
getting towards Summer. I must admit the interfering stations on these
channels are weak but still they are present, as they weren't before.
590 had KUGN-Eugene totally dominant before, with only a bit of
KQNT-Spokane underneath. 15 years ago I used to get 590-Spokane dominant
all the time during the day. I had lost that in the past few years. The
change and now it is mostly KQNT. That is my only Spokane station at
400+ miles heard during the day year around.
580 KFXD-Nampa ID has gone up a couple S units. 670-KBOI is better days
too.
   The directivity of the antenna is now tighter than before and in some
cases a bit more signal, but mostly better directivity.
   I also notice it at night too. There are more stations to the East in
there without as much stuff from the NW and CA.
   There must have been some conductive material either in the PVC pipe
or the plastic tape.

73s,

Patrick Martin
Seaside  OR
KAVT Reception Manager

World Radio TV Handbook 2002 is out!
You can get yours for $17.47 + shipping + possible tax in some states.
Please visit: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0823059332/hardcoredxcom
And while you buy it, you'll also support Hard-Core-DX. Thank you.