[HCDX] re Beverage Results

Hi Patrick, I think you fell foul of the pvc pipe. Certainly in the UK we
have a few different types of piping, the ones to avoid are the coloured
ones (i.e. grey and black) as they contain varying amounts of
graphite-carbon, which tends to make the pipe slightly conductive. This has
been borne out by trying to wind traps with the dark pipe and finding that
either they don't work or the resonance is way off. If in doubt, use the
white pvc piping as this shouldn't contain much, if any, carbon based
materials. I guess the same might well apply to black cable ties etc, but I
haven't come across any problems with them. Hope this helps

73 Sean, G4UCJ

RECEIVER: ICOM IC756
                  GRUNDIG SATELLIT 600
ANTENNA: 9m vertical with 32 radials
                 Indoor dipoles or 1.3m MW loop

THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN SCANNED FOR VIRUSES
               BY NORTON ANTI-VIRUS 2002

World Radio TV Handbook 2002 is out!
You can get yours for $17.47 + shipping + possible tax in some states.
Please visit: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0823059332/hardcoredxcom
And while you buy it, you'll also support Hard-Core-DX. Thank you.