Re: [HCDX] Mini-disc recorders

> I've been using a Sony MZ-R37 portable MD for a few years now, and have
> never experienced a noise problem with any radio. It's about the size of a
> deck of cards, and it records in mono for 148+ minutes of recording per
> disk (at less than $2US each). Bought it when they were closing out at the
> local electronics store for $100US, but they show up on eBay for much
less.
> Newer portable players I have seen in the chain stores seem to all lack a
> microphone input, so watch for that when you buy.
>
> 73,
>
> Brett
> N3EVB

I used the SONY MZ-R700 portable MD recorder together with the SONY
ICF7600GR receiver.
After recording ( distance between MD and SONY about 1 meter) a terrible
noise sound was audible on the minidisk, not only at the start and end of
the
recording but also every one minute or so....
I can't test the Sony MD anymore because I sent it
back to the manufacturer.
Max van Arnhem
the Netherlands

Keep in mind EDXC Conference 2002 in mid-August - the biggest DX and SWL
meeting in Europe! See http://www.sdxl.org/edxc/edxc2002.html, come to
Pori, Finland and enjoy!