[HCDX] 153 kHz / Abschaltung / Maintenance break / Generalueberholung/ LF test

[HCDX] 153 kHz / Abschaltung / Maintenance break / Generalueberholung/ LF test

Hi,
DTK / DLF Donebach 153 kHz silent since 0610 UT today.

seit 0610 UT an diesem 22. Juli ist der LW Sender DTK Donebach 153 kHz
abgeschaltet. Offensichtlich beginnen die Generalueberholungsarbeiten schon
einen Tag frueher, heute am 22. Juli. Die Unterbrechung der Aussendungen des
DLF auf dieser Frequenz duerften bis circa 1555? UT dauern. 73 wb df5sx

____

GERMANY   153 DLF Donebach tx. Maintenance break during July 23-26, 2002,
according time slots given on the DLF program. Interesting to listen to
Nordcap-NOR, ALG and ROU txs instead.

Abschaltung fuer Generalueberholung 23. bis 26. Juli 2002, dann
Noerdliches Norwegen Nordkap, Algerien und Brasov-Bod-ROU hoerbar.
Abschaltzeiten werden im DLF Programm angesagt.
(DLF Donebach sightseeing tour, BC-DX Jun 14)

Hello to all LF'ers,
on Wednesday, 24th of July, the 153 kHz tx of Deutschlandfunk in Donebach
(JN49ON, 50Km SSE of Frankfurt) will be off air due to scheduled
maintenance.

By the friendly co-operation of the site personnel and with consent of the
regulation authorities, a small group of Ge LF amateurs has been granted
access to one of the 360m masts between 7:00 and 15:00 UTC. With a little
luck we might be able to achieve about 30dB more radiation efficiency than
at home.

We will probably need some time to work out the impedance matching. After
that, we intend to operate preferably in CW and Slow-CW modes. As we expect
a rather high noise floor from the Frankfurt area, we will bring along a
tuned loop for receiving, and we will be QRV on 7030 kHz in CW as well. If
nothing else works, please give us a phone call on +49 174 3692499, or send
an email note via the reflector or to dj2lf@xxxxxxx or
<markusvester@xxxxxxx> . Let's look forward to a successful day, hopefully
without thunderstorms or strong noise.
73
The group: Markus - DF6NM, Walter - DJ2LF, Ralph - DL2NDO, Ralph -
DK3GH, Roland - DL3NDR, Franz - DL5NER
(RSGB web site via Richard Buckby, BC-DX July 17)

I was not aware of this [amateur radio] test, although it was on discussion
with the chief engineer of DTK-Deutsche Telekom, during our sightseeing tour
to Donebach site on June 14th, this year.

The engineer told us, that the two txs are silent on July 23 til 25th during
daytime, most likely 0610-1555 UT.

The CW test on LF will be in the 136-137 kHz range of LF Ham Radio Band
[secondary band usage], not on v153 kHz broadcasting band.

73 wb df5sx

Keep in mind EDXC Conference 2002 in mid-August - the biggest DX and SWL
meeting in Europe! See http://www.sdxl.org/edxc/edxc2002.html, come to
Pori, Finland and enjoy!