From: <jan.edh@xxxxx>
To: <hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, October 02, 2002 11:00 AM
Subject: [HCDX] USA Newsradio on 1480 AM

Hello DX-friends!
I´m asking for your kind assistance to help me identify an US station on
1480 AM heard by me last Saturday morning (05.00 UTC), when the US
stations were propagating nicely still another hour, mostly from the
EST-zone, including FL, OH, MA, ME a.o.
To make it even worse, when I was listening to my MD-recordning last
night trying to hear a call, I managed to erase it all. There I was with
a blank MD...
The station seems to be on a talk format,  might be "a little
religious". But they were on USA Radio News! I´ve searched but not found
any station on USA Radio News on 1480, and now I´m hoping for your help.

I´m listening in Fredriksfors, Sweden, (some 300 km north of Stockholm,
30 km west of Hudiksvall where I  live), using an ICOM R75 and a
Beverege antenna about 700 meters long and directed towards the US East
Coast/the West Indies. (Not heard on a Beverege on 317 degrees (The
Praire), the usual East Coast-antenna is defunct for the moment).
Jan Edh

Check out HCDX 2.0 beta: http://www.hard-core-dx.com/index.php

Check out HCDX 2.0 beta: http://www.hard-core-dx.com/index.php