[HCDX] Comments

Hi from Trollhättan, Sweden

I checked the Radio Sawa px format,  the tx in Kuwait 1548 is very good here from dusk and onwards, and it is indeed a fast-moving stream of music in Arabic and English, a lot of station ids, electronic addresses, websites etc. News came every 30 minutes lasting for two minutes or so, for a second or two  the voices of Bush or Powell were heard, then on in Arabic. It was definitely something new to my ears.

The article about Tatarstan and The Voice of Tatarstan (DXDL 2-151) by Richard A. D'Angelo was superb ( Thanks a lot!) and the transmission on 11925 at 0800,  Oct 1 had perfect reception here. 252 KHz LW has been logged here with a  non-Russian language, but this was the first time I can surely say that I heard the  Tatar language. (Well, obviously I have not tried to do so with much zeal ). Ironically the transmission ended with a weather forecast in Russian :" Govorit Kazan...."

The 60 mb reception  conditions  tonight, Oct 3,  were bad, just the most regular ones were heard, but also
4845.1   Oct 3  -0200 Rádio Cultura Ondas Tropicais, Manaus, Amazonas, Brazil. Signed off with a fine canned id and the national anthem. They only announce the 4845 kHz frequency. I find that it's a bit odd, most Brazilian stations I thought use tropical bands as a supplement to MW or FM, but this one is  just "ondas tropicais", so the name is very correct. But what do I know ? Anyway QSA 4.

73 Johan Berglund, AOR7030, lw, K9AY.