Re: [HCDX] International DX and SW meetings 2003

Re: [HCDX] International DX and SW meetings 2003

Thank you for the information.

I have added the events with known dates to the Hard-Core-DX calendar (see http://www.hard-core-dx.com/ and Calendar-link). If anyone else have events (DX tests, special programs, meetings, special occassions, etc), please add those to the HCDX calendar through the web site.

73!

Risto

Risto Vahakainu wrote:

dear friends,

as there hasn't been any cooordination nor any lists upon coming
international dx and shortwave meetings, I decided to quickly put down the
information and rumours I have. FYI.

Mar 7-8 2003
Winter SWL Festival in Kulpsville, PA, USA. See swlfest.com. Big annual
meeting with around 200 attendees.

May 16-18 2003
DX Camp and Annual General Meeting of DSWCI in Vejers Strand, Jutland,
Denmark. www.dswci.org. Around 20-30 participants every year.

Jun 13-15 2003
Annual DX Parliament of the Swedish DX Federation in Morokulien which is a
little "Peaceland" in the border of Sweden and Norway (counted as
radiocountry by radio amateurs). Announced as Scandinavian DX Meeting.
Normally DXP has around 30-50 attendees. www.sdxf.org will most likely
tell you more in the future.

Jun 2003
There has been an international DX and SW meeting on planning stage to be
held in St. Petersburg, Russia. Our friend Alexander Beryozhkin reported
this when he visited the EDXC2002 meeting in Finland. The 300-year
jubileum of the city of St. Petersburg will take place in May 2003, so
this meeting would follow that anniversary. I hope that someone from St.
Petersburg would come up and report on the status of this planned meeting
and then those interested could show their interest. This would give the
attendees a great chance to join an international radio meeting and to
visit the great historical city of St. Petersburg.

Aug 2003
-The Mexican DX Meeting has been held annually in early August, so it is
assumed to take place in August 2003 as well. More information is most
welcome. This meeting is usually attended by 70-80 participants.
-The annual domestic meeting of the Finnish DX Association is most likely
to be held in August 2003.

Aug 15-17 2003
The annual conference of the European DX Council will be held in the
Frankfurt area, Germany. www.edxc.org.

best 73's

Risto Vahakainu
Finnish DX Association

---[Start Commercial]--------------------- Check out new HCDX web site: http://www.hard-core-dx.com/ ---[End Commercial]----------------------- ________________________________________ Hard-Core-DX mailing list Hard-Core-DX@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx http://www2.hard-core-dx.com/mailman/listinfo/hard-core-dx http://www.hard-core-dx.com/ _______________________________________________