[HCDX] SRI LANKA and ICELAND

This cold breezing afternoon I managed to hear two totally different radio stations as comes to geography. First one is is Sri Lanka.

SRI LANKA: I tried to SLBC Colombo (Ekala) on their new 19 mb frequency on 15745 kHz. No hope to hear ALL ASIA SCE here. WEVN is a real nuisance, nothing can be done. What a bad choice by SLBC. I was monitoring their other frequency 9770 kHz. Most of the afternoon hours dominating station was DW with their Balkan language programmes.  DW closed down 1430 UTC. After that SLBC offered enjoyable reception (S9 +5) with evergreens like "Volare". Even my wife Tuire liked the music! Bw was 5,5 kHz of my AOR 7030 Plus-rx. This is the best way to promote the hobby of DX-ing!

ICELAND: RIKISUTVARPID, Reykjavik noted on new and free frequency of 15715 kHz with S/OFF at 1456 UTC, SIO 354.

73´s and happy week-end from Turku!
Jouko FINLAND