[HCDX] MW loop

I posted an article regarding my MW loop on here earlier this year (you can
download the details from the website) and have had a great deal of interest
shown in it. I have recently made an improvement, which although very
simple, has made the loop even more useful. All I have done is to mount it
on a normal camera tripod (using the "shoe" adapter which screws into the
base of the tuning unit). Not only is it much easier to turn (and I have
calibrated degree markers on the tripod for precision aiming) but I can now
tilt the loop from 0 to 90 degrees. Because of the lightweight design using
plastic hula hoops, I can tilt the 1.3m loop without putting strain on any
of the supports. Although I haven't had chance to test it properly yet, I am
confident that I should be able to achieve a deeper null on most offending
signals and hopefully there will be less QSB (fading) if I can find the
right degree of tilt. Has anyone compared a DMA (differential matching
amplifier) with a normal bipolar or FET design and if so does it offer any
significant advantages over a simpler amp (my amp uses the loop as a tuned
"front end")?

73 Sean

Check out new HCDX web site: http://www.hard-core-dx.com/