[HCDX] DX Camp Javorovec

Hi,

I spent a long weekend (25-28 Oct) at a DX Camp in the southeastern part of the Czech
Republic, in Javorovec (pron. Yavorovets) near Uherske Hradiste, 300 km easterly from
my home, 5 km from the LW transmitter site Topolna 270 kHz.

Let me share with you some of my observations in the MW band.

In the more easterly location the Balcan stations were stronger. More stations but
also more QRM. On the free channel of 846 kHz Iraq and Radio Radonezh were stronger,
but the channel was much more spoiled by Romania on 855 kHz than in my home location.

A plenty of Greek pirates in the 1600-1800 kHz band, they also penetrate into the MW
band.
The strongest one was heard on 1566.5 - 1568.3 kHz from Friday to Monday in the
afternoon, in the evening and in the morning too. The station seemed to be from
Thessaloniki. Another one I heard on 1382.5 kHz.

France 1377 kHz observed without modulation (a carrier only) on Sat 26 Oct what
allowed excellent reception of China (CNR 1) between tune-in at 1520 and 1630 UTC.
S-9 reception in the afternoon and a bit weaker again in the evening when they
started at 2000. France returned with modulation on 27 Oct at 0049 UTC.

Serbian Radio Jasenica on 1566 kHz was on the air with its usual program on Sat 26
Oct only. Otherwise there was and still is a carrier only on 1565.97 (or .96) kHz.

Ukrainian Radio Mikolayiv heard on 1377 kHz on 27 Oct at around 1345 UTC.

Radio SAWA very strong on 1548 kHz from Kuwait at around 1400 UTC.

Transmitter Topolna on 270 kHz (distance 5 km) did not make too much QRM in our camp
location, hidden a bit behind a hill. Although the transmitter is usually off in the
night, it was not the case in the night of 25/26 Oct when we could observe a weak
signal comming from the site. But on the next night the TX was off as it should be...

GOOD DX,

Karel Honzik
the Czech Republic (Czechia)

---