[HCDX] ADMIN: Results from the latest poll (Start DXing)

[HCDX] ADMIN: Results from the latest poll (Start DXing)

The latest poll results are ready. We received 260 votes.

Question: When did you start DXing/Shortwave listening?

Answers:
2000-2002 11 (4.23)%
1995-1999 10 (3.85)%
1990-1994 14 (5.38)%
1985-1989 22 (8.46)%
1980-1984 30 (11.54)%
1970-1979 70 (26.92)%
1960-1969 72 (27.69)%
1950-1959 25 (9.62)%
1940-1949 5 (1.92)%
before 1940 1 (0.38)%

Please note that the time interval in different answers isn't the same. If we
look at these results and see how many of you started DXing per year in each
decade:

1940's	0.5/year
1950's	2.5/year
1960's	7.2/year
1970's	7.0/year
1980's	5.2/year
1990's	2.4/year
2000's	3.9/year

We can very clearly see that the golden years of DXing were 60's and 70's. But
it's also interesting to see that the down trend has been turned in 2000's --
or is it just a statistical error? We should see that in few years.

New poll coming soon. Stay tuned!

Risto

Check out new HCDX web site: http://www.hard-core-dx.com/