[HCDX] Antenna voltage

hello, i have a 40 foot wire antenna that is attached to my fence in my yard, the lead from the yard to the radio is coax. i have two 15 foot copper ground rods spaced about 6 feet apart with #8 insulated copper wire form the rods to my radio and to the outer braid of the coax.
the problem i have is that when i attach one end of my multi-meter to the ground rods and the other end to the center wire in the coax i get about 2 to 3 volts ac. i should tell you i have a power transmission line (42,00 volt) about 170 feet from the antenna.
my question is should i worry about the 2 to 3 volts?
if so what can i do to get rid of it? i tried the 9:1 balun described on your website but it didn't do anything (i double checked to see if i built it right)
i also use a pi antenna tuner made to arnie coro's specs. the tuner works great but i still get the voltage described above.

i thank you for the great website (i will be up all night reading it :-)

thanks for all your help in this matter,

charles foster

Check out new HCDX web site: http://www.hard-core-dx.com/