[HCDX] LA logs on Saturday night (NOV 16)

[HCDX] LA logs on Saturday night (NOV 16)

Hi !

Altough the last night the Latin American reception was a bit subpar, due to the lack of any auroral activity, I managed to hear some stations, mostly the regular one, but still it was interesting to hear the female-made echous Radio Guadeloupe jingle at 2118 EST (0218 UTC), way over the WNNZ "pest", as well as the excellent quality reception of Radio Vision Cristiana Internacíonal. But the best DX was the 1150 spanish mystery, unfortunately CKOC did prevant me from hearing an ID on this, as on all the other times I had spanish here.

Here are the logs in more detail, heard using the Sanyo MCD-S830 portable with ferrite bar ant. from Montreal (Pierrefonds), Quebec...:

530 TURKS AND CAICOS, Radio Vision Cristiana NOV 16 0226 - Excellent reception; giving time checks for NYC and a big part of the Carribbean area. The announcer did repeat "nueve veinti-seis" minutos at least 3 times and only once "diez venti-seis en une gran parte del Caribe", then talking about "Rebublica Dominicana" and "la palabra de Dios". (Chiochiu-QC).

600 CUBA Radio Rebelde, Urbano Norris NOV 16 0249 - assuming the cuban/SS tropical music station heard over WICC for 2 or 3 minutes (Chiochiu QC).

640 GUADELOUPE, Radio Guadeloupe, Pointe-à-Pitre  NOV 16 0218 - quite good with the end of an old fashioned creole song, echous Radio Guadeloupe jingle with a woman, then into a soca FF song. Dominant for a couple of minutes (Chiochiu-QC)

640 VENEZUELA, Union Radio, Puerto-La Cruz, Anzoàtegui state NOV 16 0231 - faded-up under WNNZ, IDed only by it's typical news jingle, as there was way too much QRM at that time to understand the voice (Chiochiu-QC)

750 VENEZUELA, Radio Caracas Radio NOV 16 0346 - did repeat 4 times a bit of classical muic piece; then talk about Caracas. Alone on the channel with a fair to poor signal (Chiochiu-QC)

1150 unID NOV 16 0333 - tropical music heard in and out, mostly under CKOC. I suspect this is either YVMN Mundial Caribe from Punto Fijo in Falcon (Venezuela) or a SS domestic. I can receive SS on 1150 on a semi-regular basis, sometimes even during non-auroral evenings before CKOC fades-up with the Hamilton sunset, mixing with nulled CJRC (nulling CJRC is quite tricky at night because of the groundwave+skywave mix of propagation); I remember the last year on a November evening; just before I got much less active in DX-ing for a couple of months (until late September this year), I even heard some kind of promos wich may did include an ID, but it was quickly lost under domestics. Also looking back throught my logs, I see that on September 2nd, 2001 at 0029 (UTC), I had meringue music on this channel. I will try for this at local sunset, when usually high-band Latins have less domestic QRM, as to get a positive ID on this (Chiochiu-QC).

That's it for now !
73 and good DX,
Bogdan Chiochiu