[HCDX] Re: Mediumwave-Bandscan on Isla Margarita / Venezuela

[HCDX] Re: Mediumwave-Bandscan on Isla Margarita / Venezuela

595 DBC Dominica now on 590.  This used to be commonly
heard in the US, but no more.  I have local WEZE on 590
plus frequently-strong skip from VOCM, CKRS, and WARM.
If propagation is good to the south, Venezuela and Cuba
are noted on 590.

640 Guadeloupe: Easily heard here in E. Massachusetts,
often over CBN, WNNZ, Cuba, Venezuela at night.

660 St. Lucia recently logged by Rick Kenneally in
CT during WFAN silent period.  Cuba, Venezuela,
Colombia, Mexico also noted by various US DXers
during that time.

705 St. Vincent is indeed off.  Formerly common.

840 Not sure about St. Lucia here: Haiti and Cuba
are most common here along with WRYM-CT and WHAS-KY.
Brazil, Venezuela, Colombia occasionally noted also.

860 Not sure about Dominica.  At the coast I usually
hear 2 Venezuelans, Cuban Reloj, Dominican Republic,
and occasional Brazil/Colombia/Mexico.

1100 ZDK was destroyed in a fire recently.  Colombia
and Brazil noted now along with WTAM-OH.

The Newfoundland DXpedition report will be out soon.
Maybe that will answer some questions.  I'm not sure
what European DXpeditions are running now.

Mark Connelly, WA1ION - Billerica, MA, USA

<<