[HCDX] Radio in Taiwan

Greetings from sunny Taiwan!

I am now in Tainan, SW Taiwan, and some dxing is possible as well.
Logging is going on. By now I can tell you this about Voice of Strait
broadcasts:

At 1400 UTC (Dec 5) only 7280 was heard (SINPO 55544), all other SW channels
empty. BUT: At 1410 7280 was empty, and now they were on 4940! SINPO 55544
as well. Parallel on MW was 666.
This morning I heard all channels, at 00.40 UTC, Dec 6:
 Chinese language px on 11590 (55555) parallel to 666 (55555) with chinese
pop and ID.
 A different programme on 6115 (55444) parallel to 873 (43443, splatter from
local 864 station) with talk.
 And yet another programme on 7280 (55444) I think this was not Chinese
language (so the Amoy px, pres.) but I will ask someone Chinese to be more sure.

Up to now I have only heard "nothing" on 3335. Between 14 and 18 UTC, when
"Dateline with Taipei" is listed, I can indeed hear a chinese language prog on
6145, but only the Mainland China jammers (1 normal and 1 overmodulated
radioprogramme) on 7395. I've yet to wait for even 14:00.00 for an ID.

There are lots of Taiwanese stations on MW, also many red China stations.
>From other countries I have so far heard FEBC Philippines, VoA Poro 1143 and
Bangkok 1575. VoVietnam 1242 tent.
On "exotic" channels so far only white noise (6035, 5985, 4725, 7145...).
But I can happily say that there is no local electromagnetic noise, only if I
hold the antenna very close to the TV cable, although I'm staying in the
middle of a big city. And no thunderstorms or similar noise sources, as in South
Taiwan it is dry season now. (On Taiwan's nothern parts there's monsoons
coming from mainland China, but there are mountain ranges inbetween so nothing is
here).

73,
Eike

--
Eike Bierwirth
National Cheng Kung University

*** Find the current overall shortwave schedule
*** on http://www.eibi.de.vu/
capercaillie@xxxxxxx

World Radio TV Handbook 2003 will be out soon. Order it now!

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/095358643X/hardcoredxcom