Re: [HCDX] Pan European Radio 1080 kHz

Sounds like Radio Racja from Poland. They are renting an evening airtime on 1080 kHz and the transmitter is 350 kW.

Look more info:
http://www.rnw.nl/realradio/features/html/racyja-tech.html

Risto

Ronny Forslund wrote:
Hello all,

Last night we heard a station identifying itself as Pan European Radio on 1080 kHz at our DX-shack in Fredriksfors, some 350 km's north of Stockholm. The signal was unusually strong and stabile (QSA 5), just like a local station. It was first observed at 21.50 UTC with test tones and a loop of some coctail jazz-style muzak. On the hour and half hour ID and requests for reception reports to P.O. Box 10386, Beverly Hills, CA 90213, USA. The e-mail panamericanradio@xxxxxxxxxxx was also announced. It probably went off the air at midnight UTC. Any idea where this transmitter is located?

Ronny Forslund & Jan Edh, Delsbo Radioklubb
Visit Rock'n Records on www.rock.x.se
today - the home of good ol' vinyl records!