[HCDX] Emerging Techniques in High-Tech DX

[HCDX] Emerging Techniques in High-Tech DX

The portable computer can profoundly change the way you DX.
A group of four experienced American DXers shows you how in this new HCDX feature article, Emerging Techniques of High-Tech DX.
http://www.hard-core-dx.com/nordicdx/dxlab/hitechdx/hitechdx.html

Here DXers Guy Atkins, John Bryant Nick Hall-Patch and Don Nelson, all of Proceedings of Fine Tuning fame, explain in detail how to best use modern computer software to enhance you DXing.
Subjects range from software that is familiar to most DXers to some that will be new to virtually everyone in the hobby and include:
Sunrise-sunset: GEOCLOCK
Information/Reference Management
Semi-Automated Reception Logging: B-LOG
Laptop as Tape Recorder: TOTAL RECORDER and THE AMAZING SLOW DOWNER
Direct Receiver Control: GNRX320, ERGO3 and ERGO4
Other laptop Applications: Hall-Patch's DX RADAR

And it will not cost you a lot.

"We have a general tendency to to adopt the simplest and least expensive software available that is highly effective. Several of us use laptops similar to those currently available on ebay for under $300," explains HighTech DXer John Bryant.
"Three of the programs that we discuss are freeware, and only two of the eight software packages require any learning curve to operate effectively."
"Further, most of the programs that we discuss are quite small and undemanding of computer resources."

World Radio TV Handbook 2003 will be out soon. Order it now!

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/095358643X/hardcoredxcom